OWL Wiki Forms (OWF) is a collection of projects and software utilizing the Semantic Web ontology editor Protégé and the semantic wiki platforms Semantic MediaWiki and Semantic Forms. The latest OWF project is Fresnel Forms (FForms), a Protégé plugin that generates form-based semantic wiki's for given ontologies. Core aspects of OWF and FForms approach are:
- Automatic processing of given ontologies to generate semantic browser interface specifications as Fresnel style data
- Consequent automatic processing of Fresnel style data to generate browse-and-annotate interfaces on semantic wiki's
- A GUI editor for modifying Fresnel style specifications
Thus, OWF and FForms makes semantic wiki interface creation more efficient by generating a default interface for given ontologies. Then the human semantic wiki stylist can further tailor this interface by adding Fresnel style that specifies only the difference between the generated default and desired interface.
- September 29th, 2016: Presentented "Semantic MediaWiki for Assessment in Education" at SMWCon Fall 2016 - the 13th Semantic MediaWiki Conference
- August 30, 2016: Published paper The Implementation of Hohfeldian Legal Concepts with Semantic Web Technologies at the AI4J - Artificial Intelligence for Justice workshop.
- April 16th, 2016: Published book chapter From Ontology to Semantic Wiki – Designing Annotation and Browse Interfaces for Given Ontologies
More in the News archive.
Main content of this wiki
- Software developed (in reverse order)
- Bachelors Thesis projects
- Masters Thesis research
- TouW-dag juni 2013 workshop
Lloyd Rutledge, Thomas Brenninkmeijer, Tim Zwanenberg, Joop van de Heijning, Alex Mekkering, J. N. Theunissen and Rik Bos. From Ontology to Semantic Wiki – Designing Annotation and Browse Interfaces for Given Ontologies, Volume 9507 of the series Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp 53-72, 16 April 2016.
Lloyd Rutledge. From Ontology to Wiki – Generating Cascadable Default Fresnel Style from Given Ontologies for Creating Semantic Wiki Interfaces, In: Proceedings of the Workshop on Semantic Web Collaborative Spaces (SWCS2013) at the 10th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC 2013), Montpellier, France, May 27th, 2013.
Lloyd Rutledge and Rineke Oostenrijk. Applying and Extending Semantic Wikis for Semantic Web Courses, In: Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on eLearning Approaches for the Linked Data Age (Linked Learning 2011) at the 8th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC 2011), Heraklion, Greece, May 29th, 2011. (SlideShare)
Pieter Slootweg, Lloyd Rutledge, Lex Wedemeijer and Stef Joosten. The Implementation of Hohfeldian Legal Concepts with Semantic Web Technologies, In: Proceedings of AI4J - Artificial Intelligence for Justice, Workshop at the 22nd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2016), The Hague, The Netherlands, August 30, 2016.
Lloyd Rutledge. "Semantic MediaWiki for Assessment in Education", In: SMWCon Fall 2016 - the 13th Semantic MediaWiki Conference, Presentation, September 29th, 2016